Monday, September 22, 2008

Executive Stampede

The 29th Annual Charlie Reynolds Scholarship Executive Stampede 5K was Sunday in Hunt Valley. I've run this one for many years now, with a team from work. We typically do very well, as a team, but my personal performance has ranged from great to abysmal over the years. I was not sure what to expect this year. I'm in good condition right now, but, for distance, not for speed. I ran a few 5K's this spring and had disappointing times. The day before, I was to run 22 miles according to the marathon training schedule. It didn't seem likely I could pull off a great time.

Well, I was wrong. I ran it in 20:26, which is much better than last year's time, a whole lot better than this spring, and better than I thought I was capable of at this time. I also placed third amongst women. I couldn't be happier!

No comments: